Wednesday, December 2, 2009

K-Mart

I wish I could give you an alternative to shopping at the local K-mart. Unfortunately, there really isn't one.. Unless you love Wal-Mart (which I don't).
There just isn't somewhere that you can go get a prescription filled, a gallon of milk, Christmas decorations, pizza and panty liners all in one stop shopping. Unless you love Wal-Mart (did I mention that I do not).

So I go to K-Mart today more than anything to get out of the house.. But I also needed a couple small things..

First of all, HAVE YOU BEEN TO K-MART LATELY??? This has got to be one of the dirtiest stores in town.. What's up with that.. I beg of you to not wait until you're at K-Mart to have to pee. You need a hazmat suit to use that bathroom.
I see a lot of red vests just standing around.. My experience at Heatcraft taught me that - if you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean. Hand one of these red vested folks a mop..
But not the issue.

I'm pretty sure no K-Mart employee likes their job.. This conversation has happened to me more than once at the K-Mart check out.
Checker: How are you?
Me: I'm fine, how are you? (I ask out of politeness, not because I really care).
Checker: Tired. I'll be a whole letter better when I get out of here.

I don't know about you, but what I heard was "I hate my job, I don't want to ring your crap up or take your money, and I'll be glad when I see you walking out the door because it is a complete pain in the ass to stand in one spot and push buttons".

Then as I passed the CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK, a red vested employee behind the counter starts complaining to a manager about 20 feet from her, about how bad her head hurts, she wants to go home, there should have already been someone there to relieve her. blah blah blah blah..

So here is my question.. When you're applying for and/or accepting a job at K-Mart, do you not understand that you will have to deal with the public?? And if you know you're the type of person that doesn't do well dealing with the public(and some of us don't), DON'T ACCEPT THE JOB. It's not rocket science.. Go find yourself a job in a cubicle and stop making me feel like it's a crime to shop there.

So how does K-Mart get away with a dirty store and lackluster employees?? BECAUSE THERE IS NOWHERE ELSE TO GO....

No comments: