Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Arby's North

Usually I complain about Arby's North. They had a crew member there that apparently was born mute. When you walked up to the counter she would look at you over the register like you where infected with some flesh eating bacteria, and if she dared speak to you, she might catch it. I think they got rid of her.

So tonight I had some running around to do. Whilst doing said running around the lad called. He wanted to borrow $5.00 (as always). I NEVER carry cash. But I could tell from his tone and the conversation that he was looking for money to buy himself some dinner (he lives by himself and doesn't have so much as a can opener).

I took the bait (I always do) and offered to run him out a sandwich. He picked Arby's, so I swung into the drive thru..
As always the speaker blared at me "would you like to try one of our combinations?".
Why yes I would "Can I have a number 20 with curly fries and a mountain dew please".
Friendly voice at the other end of the speaker says "you sure can, please pull to the window".
I looked at her name tag but I guess I'm getting old, because now I forget.. I think it was Kayla or Kyla.
She was the most pleasant teenager I've encountered this week.
It wasn't a fake friendly. I really think she was just a friendly girl.
Since Andrew doesn't have a lot of staples (not the kind that hold paper together), I wasn't sure if he had condiments. So I asked "can you please put a little bit of every kind of sauce you own, and some salt and pepper in there?"
Again with the friendly "absolutely".
I could see her packing my bag in the window. She opened the window again and handed me the mountain dew and then the sack "All your sauces, salt, pepper and a straw are in the bag". I said "thank you" and she said "you're very welcome and you have a great night".
Big kudos to Arby's North.

No comments: