Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Donna

Donna has been waiting tables at Montana Mikes, since it opened. Love this woman.
Several months ago, Montana Mikes was offering some new salads. There were pictures on the menu and they all looked amazing.. One of the salads came with a hard boiled egg.. I don't know about you, but I LOVE hard boiled egg on my salad. The problem was, I didn't want that particular salad. So I asked Donna for a side salad and jokingly said "can I get some of that hard boiled egg on that?". Low and behold when I got my salad, there was the egg.
That's not the best part..
Over this past weekend, we decided we had had too much poultry and needed some red meat. So off to Montana Mikes we went.. As always, we asked for a table in Donna's section.
I ordered my usual.. Steak (so rare, you would be grossed out to watch me eat it), baked potato and a side salad (they have discontinued the special salads so I didn't ask for egg). When Donna brought our salads, she set them all down in front of us. And then she set a small dish next to me with a sliced hard boiled egg in it. She said "I brought my lunch today, and I happened to bring an egg". She remembered from months ago that I liked egg and gave me hers.
To top it off, my steak was perfectly raw. Come to find out, when she puts my order in, she makes sure the cooks know how rare I really want my steak.
This is only an example of what a great waitress Donna has been over the years. And a prime example of customer service excellence. So go to Montana Mikes and ask for Donna.. Tell her the raw steak, egg lady sent you.
Stay tuned for some not so excellent moments at Mikes.

No comments: