Friday, January 22, 2010

County Market North

All I can say is "what the hell?".

Ryleigh is having a couple friends spend the night. So Scott and I ran to County Market North to get them some snacks.

I happen to LOVE the dill dip you can buy there in a cooler right next to the deli section. So that's where I headed. There was veggie dip and spinach dip, but no dill dip. So I walked over to the deli to see if by chance they had some in the back.
There were four women working. One was cleaning up the hot food counter, several feet from where I stood. One was on the phone in a back office, one was mopping the floor directly in front of where I was standing and the fourth I'm not sure about. She was just carrying a giant ham around. So I think she was just trying to look busy. Both the busy bee and the mop lady did everything in their power to not notice me. The were both within three feet of me and yet I was invisible to them.
It's like when you have a newborn and you and your spouse are both pretending to sleep through the 2am screaming to see who will cave in first.
Finally the "busy" lady sighed and looked at me. "what do you need". In my very friendliest voice ever, I said "you wouldn't happen to have some of that great dill dip hiding back there, would you?" I do have to give her credit, she did actually walk to a back cooler and look. But no luck.

So we went on about our snack shopping and then headed to the check out.
We went to Shajuana's lane. She was finishing up a customer and it didn't look like there would be a wait.
Shajuana had two friends with her (at work) They were sitting at the end of the lane, one of them hiked up on the lane next to Shajuana's, and the other one sitting on the shelf that the bags sit on. Shujauna was going on and on about what "Q" better be getting her for Valentines day, and her friends were talking about how it didn't matter because he was so good looking and his dread locks were amazing.
Unbelievable.. Was there no manager on duty????? I couldn't find one.

So guess what friends. Feel free to come to work with me and keep me company. Apparently, it's okay.

No comments: