Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gas station

Well now that I have a new job on the outskirts of Danville, and only a 30 minute lunch, there aren't many places I can go over lunch and still get back in time.

I've started frequenting the gas station at the four way stop by Blue Cross Blue Shield. I honestly have not paid attention to name.

Yesterday the cashier was great. She was super friendly and outgoing. Very pleasant. I hate to say she was Indiana because I'm not sure that's appropriate. But if you go in there, look for an olive skinned young girl.

Today, not so lucky. It was a blonde. I wandered around the place waiting for something to jump out at me that I was interested in eating (I settled on a cup of Ramen). I was getting ready to head to the register and noticed the blonde was on the phone. So I kept wandering (trying not be rude while she was chatting). I wandered until I couldn't wander any longer or I'd be late getting back to work.

So I walked to the register. She continued to talk on the phone (it was not her manager or anyone else that was business related). She rang up my noodles and soda as she talked and then she looked at me. That's right. She looked at me. Like she was sending my total telepathically. Finally, after I didn't hand her any money, she moved her mouth away from the phone (keeping her ear to the earpiece) and in an annoyed voice, gave me my total. She took my money, gave me my change, closed her drawer and CONTINUED HER CONVERSATION. No "good bye" no "have a nice day" NOTHING.

I'll go back and try again. Before now, I had never been into that gas station. So I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she was just having a bad day.

I do recommend the gas station. They have a good variety of lunch stuff, somewhere to sit, and fountain pop (i'm sold). And like I said, I had excellent service yesterday. I'm not sure if the olive skinned young lady was physically attractive or not, but her personality made her beautiful.

No comments: