Monday, February 8, 2010

Buffalo Wild Wings

I just have to throw out some quick kudo's to Buffalo Wild Wings.
When they first opened I had to go try it out.
It was the worst service in the midwest. There was so much "that's not my job" going on there, it was crazy.
The manager on duty met us at the door and said "someone will seat you in a minute". And then he proceded to stare at us for 5 minutes until a hostess finally came along. He wasn't doing anything. And the place was not at all busy. It was right at their opening time of the day. He could have easily grabbed some menu's and led us to a booth. But apparently it wasn't his job. We were there for an hour and a half FOR LUNCH.
A friend of mine goes there quite a bit I think. On one occassion, he had an empty glass in front of him for more than 10 minutes. His waitress walked by and said "I'm going to take a smoke break, then I'll get you some more soda".

I love wings, and was truly disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to go back because of the crap service. Bad service will stop me in my tracks.

Well I gave it a second (and fifth) chance, and went back a couple of times (times when it wasn't up to me to pick the restaraunt), and saw some improvements. The best service is actually in the bar area. The bartenders there are the bomb.

Most recently I went back yesterday (Scott, myself and three kids) What strides they've made (BWW's, not the kids). We had Ryan as our waiter. He was pretty good.. Not outstanding, but good. He got a decent tip.
But I did watch all of the other employees. It really looks like they've weeded out the "not my job" people.
Great job Buffalo Wild Wings on the service improvements..
And the wings aren't too bad either.

No comments: