Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sears.com third party vendor ElectronicDealz

I'm extremely frustrated that I was sucked in.
I feel completely scammed by this third party merchant situation.

I was confident in using a website that Sears had willingly attached its name to. As Sears has always been a reputable company for high dollar purchases.

So I order something that I thought was Sears endorsed. And I was electronically given a delivery date of 12/20 - 12/22. Still in time for Christmas.
There was no warning that the delivery date might be incorrect..

So here it is Christmas eve, and my order still shows as "processing". It hasn't even been picked or shipped.
Won't my son be disappointed when his sister is opening her "big gift" for the year, and the most exciting thing he'll have under the tree is socks and underwear.

I would have cancelled the order and made the purchase somewhere else. However, the fine print states this third party merchant will charge me a 25% restocking fee.

So, I have to pay for their inadequate logistics process??

When I emailed the company for a status, I received an automated reply about how their staff is working 24/7 to accommodate their high volume of orders.. I really don't care if they are on overtime..
As a buyer, planner, shipper, I am fully aware there are ways to accomplish the seemingly impossible.
The email also threatened that I shan't "escalate" my shipping request as it will only delay the process.

So friends, be warned. Even though you are shopping at sears.com, you're not shopping at Sears.
It appears that a once upstanding chain of retailers, took over the lesser ethics of it's new parent company Kmart.

No comments: